transmission projectsLooking at the
To continue meeting people’s evolving energy needs, we always have a plan. And creating a strong foundation for transmission is part of that plan, which means we sometimes need to build or improve power lines. Take a look at current and completed transmission projects.
If there is an existing or proposed power line project in your area, you may have questions. We have answers for you.
Interactive project map
Choose a region below to see power line projects that are proposed, in development, under construction or in the property restoration phase in your area.
- KA-SL 69-kV transmission line rebuild
- Mankato and Decoria Townships 69-kV transmission line rebuild and reroute
- New London 69-kV transmission line reroute (postponed indefinitely)
- St Joseph 115-kV Transmission Line and Substation upgrade
- Winthrop area 69-kV transmission rebuild
No projects at this time.
Co-leading Grid North Partners™
Previously CapX2020, this initiative was formed by 10 transmission-owning utilities that came together to upgrade and expand the electric transmission grid in the Upper Midwest.
Together, we’ve built more than 800 miles of high-voltage transmission lines to ensure continued reliability and affordability for our member-owner cooperatives and their members, and to create new pathways for renewable energy so we can take big strides toward our emissions goals.