Steele-Waseca Cooperative Electric was formed on October 10, 1936, when Waseca Cooperative Electric and Steele County Cooperative Electric were merged into one organization with a combined membership of 860.
Since its beginning, the cooperative has grown steadily to its present membership of more than 11,000. A growing membership and increased loads created the need for power, lines and facilities. Today, SWCE has more than 2,200 miles of line.
Number of connected services: 11,595
Counties served: Rice, Waseca, Steele, Blue Earth, Dodge, Goodhue, Freeborn, Faribault and Le Sueur
Year incorporated: 1936