Kandiyohi Power Cooperative (KPC) was organized in November 1935 under the cooperative laws in the State of Minnesota to furnish, improve and expand electric service to West Central Minnesota. Authority to form such a cooperative came from the passage of the Rural Electrification Act, which was signed by President Franklin Roosevelt on May 11, 1935. KPC is governed by an elected, nine-person board of directors that establishes policies and hires the CEO.
Today, KPC has grown to serve more than 8,000 residential, agricultural and commercial members.
Number of connected services: 8,721
Counties served: Kandiyohi and parts of Swift, Chippewa, Stearns and Renville
Year incorporated: 1935