Great River Energy is proposing to construct a new 34.5-kV transmission line and 115/34.5-kV bulk substation in Becker and Hubbard counties. This project will improve the reliability of the transmission system in the area by looping the 34.5-kV system and reduce risks associated with low voltage and transmission line overloaded.
- Transmission line length: 14 miles
- Voltage: 34.5 kV and 115 kV
- Structures: Primarily wood poles
- Length: 300 to 400 feet apart
- Right-of-way width: 100-foot-wide right of way in most areas, which may overlap with road right of way in some areas
- Permits: Environmental review
- Open house: Representatives of Great River Energy and Itasca-Mantrap Cooperative Electrical Association held an open house meeting on June 25, 2018 where they provided information about the proposed project and gathered community comments.
EasementsFall 2018 to summer 2019
ConstructionSpring 2020 - Summer 2021
In serviceSpring 2021
Great River Energy
Itasca-Mantrap Cooperative Electrical Association