Our environmental policy
To guide employees in their decision-making processes and to ensure environmental considerations are part of the process, we established an environmental policy in 1999, which is reviewed annually and continues to guide our conduct.
- Maintain a management system with defined objectives designed to minimize the environmental impacts of our business activities.
- Continuously improve our environmental management system through periodic audits, management review and corrective action.
- Conserve resources through environmental stewardship, pollution prevention, waste minimization, recycling and reuse.
- Comply with the spirit, intent and letter of environmental laws, regulations and other requirements to which Great River Energy subscribes.
- Support research and public policymaking.
- Provide outreach to the communities in which Great River Energy’s facilities are located and with which we have a direct relationship through our operations, products and services.
- Communicate this policy to all employees.
- Make this policy accessible to the public.